Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tanya Santo - Tanushka




Introducing Tanya Santo of Tanushka


1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?

I love knowing that people around the world are wearing my creations.
I love how I can create a piece to go with a specific outfit or look and how my designs bring out the natural beauty of those who wear it.

2.) How did you come up with your shop name?

Tanushka was a nickname my mom and her best friend use to call me - it refers to Tanya in Russian (although I'm not Russian).


3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?

Everything and anything - I love the most up to date trends, I love colour and nature and all things girly!


4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?

Beading and jewelry making have been one of my passions and obsessions for quite a while now. Growing up I'd take necklaces and bracelets apart and start making my own little fashion accessory. Along with jewelry I've super creative always thinking of new projects to either paint or make.


5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.
I use a variety of beads, natural resources and unique shapes to make each piece unique. Because I'm a perfectionist I'm not 100% happy with what I've created until its perfect in my eyes!!


6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?

I'm currently pregnant with my first child and due in June so along with the busy life of being a mom, I also plan to continue to run my Etsy shop and do local craft shows. I'm hoping that one day I too can show my little one to be as creative and artistic as me and so many other wonderful Etsy storeowners.


Visit Tanya at A Spring Handmade Market this Saturday May 16th or online at Tanushka

No comments:

Post a Comment