Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Keri Rounding - Seapod



Introducing Keri RoundingSeapod


1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?

I like the freedom. You choose when you list your items, what you list and how often you update the site. I also like to try out new products on Etsy before I take them to shows or stores. I find it useful to see what kind of response they get before making a lot of them


2.) How did you come up with your shop name?

kerirounding: my name Seapod: The work was originally inspired by seed pods and also sea creatures. I combined the two to become Seapod.


3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?

I look at a lot of microscopic images- amoebas, cells, organisms. They are inspiring to me. I have always loved to re-create sea life as well.

4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?

I am a graduate of Sheridan Institutes Crafts and Design Program: Textile Studio. I decided to start my business shortly after my graduation and have been doing craft shows for about two years.


5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.

I try not to force new ideas. If I don't feel like working, I'll do something else. When something comes to me, I usually do a sketch of the finished product and then get to work on developing it. If I want to feel inspired, I like to look through one of my books of microscopic images. I also have a few large bulletin boards with lots of clipped images and random pieces which help the creative flow.


6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?

I will be doing a few craft shows throughout the year including the Christmas One of a Kind Show- this one takes a long time to prepare for! I will also be continuing on product development, expanding into more clothing items and larger accessories.


You can see Keri's designs at A Spring Handmade Market on May 16th and on Etsy at www.seapod.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment