Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jessica Krecklo - Krecklo



Inroducing Jessica Krecklo - Krecklo


1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?

Starting my Etsy shop last year has been a great way to ease into selling the things I make. The site is so user friendly and community-oriented, and it has really useful resources about running a craft business. It's also been nice to meet people through Etsy and see all of the amazing things that people are creating.

2.) How did you come up with your shop name?
It's my last name. Ho hum.

3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?
I really enjoy putting things together in interesting and unexpected ways. An interesting colour scheme, contrasting patterns or a neat composition are the kinds of things that inspire me when I'm making things.

4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?
I've always liked making things, but until recently I've focused more on art than crafts. Sewing is a fairly new pursuit for me -- I only picked it up in the last couple of years. There are tons of sewing classes in Toronto and online resources, and it's much easier than you'd think! I'm kicking myself for not learning how to sew earlier. I highly recommend to anyone that wants to learn how to sew to just bite the bullet!

5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.
I get ideas when I try to combine fabrics in interesting ways or try to find the best way of using an interesting fabric. I mainly use reclaimed fabrics, and the patterns and colours of older fabrics are really inspiring to work with.

6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?
Right now I'm working on a planning degree, so that precludes any big and exciting plans for the rest of the year. ...But! I have a few months off between my summer placement and the fall semester, so I'm planning to focus on my Etsy shop a lot more and do as many local craft shows as I can in that time.

See Jessica at A Spring Handmade Market this Saturday or online at Krecklo

No comments:

Post a Comment