Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jennifer Aube - Urban Fusions


Jennifer Aube- Urban Fusions

1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?

I like being able to list new items at any time and of course having my work seen and shown alongside so many other talented people from all over the globe. The great customers and friendly sellers are a bonus too!

2.) How did you come up with your shop name?

I wanted a name that would represent my vibrant personality and tie in my craft, without using the word "glass". The urban is me, a small town girl in love and in awe with everything that is "big city". Fusions is literally fusing my inspirations and visions together through the medium of glass.


3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?

I’m inspired by bold or odd colour combinations and clean lines. I enjoy creating pieces that are simple from afar, yet intricate up close. My customers are also a large part of my inspiration because I receive a lot of unique and challenging requests and don't always have an instant solution. Working with others to bring their visions alive through my own creative expression totally inspires me to keep an open mind and to always try new things.

4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?

I have been making things for as long as I can remember. I tend to learn things the hard way and don't do well in formal institutions when it comes to anything art-related. I have been working with glass for just over two years now and taught myself through research and loads of experimentation. For me, the less rules there are, the more fun I have! What started off as some scrap glass and a pair of cutters, is now a full time business venture that makes me oh so happy.


5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.

The process for me is very intuitive and natural. I never make sketches or drawings beforehand and usually have no solid idea of what I am going to create. I work best sitting at my messy desk surrounded by a sea of glass, working on more than one piece at a time just allowing the medium to speak to me. Coffee and music are a must in my studio.


6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?

I plan to do a handful of outdoor shows in the Niagara Region and the in the GTA this summer. When I am not working in my studio I plan to spend the rest of my time on my new boat fishing or camping with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment