Saturday, May 9, 2009

Danielle Zippan - Zippan Designs



Handcrafted sterling silver jewelry by Danielle Zippan – Zippan Designs


1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?
Having my Etsy shop helps me feel like I'm part of a crafty community, it means a lot to me to be a part of it. I work out of my modest home studio and so Etsy is great for my connection to the outside creative world.


2.) How did you come up with your shop name?

My shop name is the name of my company, Zippan Designs, which is my family name. My work is personal to me, and so my name should reflect that.


3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?

I find my inspiration all around me, from my surroundings. A leaf on the ground, or bird in the sky. My work is mostly nature inspired, so my love of animals and plant life tends to show in my work.


4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?

I have been an artist and crafter all my life with everything under the sun. Always had such a broad interest in the arts world. Luckily I've had inspirational family and friends in my life. The last several years were when I began to focus my full time on sterling silver, I just love having an idea and bringing it to life.


5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.

I generally start with a sketch, reworking it until I'm happy, and then translate it into silver. It always ends with me showing the piece to my husband, who is incredibly supportive. Not every piece gets his approval, but I love the feedback. I don't usually work with several raw pieces and see where they take me, I like to have an end result in mind and then set out to accomplish that goal.

6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?
I plan to keep plugging away at it, I rely entirely on my Etsy sales, my web site sales, and some consignment income. I also plan to participate in as many shows as I can, and promote my business a little more. I would also love to
Linkget my work into more stores in Toronto and beyond.

Visit Danielle at A Spring Handmade Market on May 16th, her Etsy shop or her website Zippan Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment