Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tanya Roberts - Snap & Tumble

Tanya Roberts of Snap & Tumble and her lovely creations using a vintage table top letterpress....

1.) What do you enjoy most about having an Etsy shop?

Etsy allows me to sell my wares without any hassles, which gives me more time to focus on and create my stationery.


2.) How did you come up with your shop name?

Long story here.
Short story is that instead of swearing at a mistake I had made one day, I said, "Snap!" and "tumble" was the second word that came out of my mouth. I just thought it sounded nice.

3.) What is your inspiration as an artist/designer?

I am inspired by fine craftsmanship; ordinary, simple and beautiful things.
I am also moved by people who are passionate about what they do.

4.) Can you tell us a bit about your background as an artist/designer/crafter?

I studied Art History for three years at the University of Toronto. Following that I completed an Advertising program and interned as a copywriter at a mid-size ad agency. A few years later, I discovered printmaking. After taking several workshops and immersing myself in research, I picked up a vintage table-top press. I've been self-taught ever since.


5.) Tell me a bit about your creative process.

I try to be as fluid as possible about my creative process. It usually starts out on a whim, inspired by something I want to see in print. The most technical part happensLink on Illustrator or when I need to do tight registration on the press. Everything else is loosely planned out. This process suits me well and keeps me happy.

6.) What are your plans for the rest of the year?
I've recently took on custom wedding invitation requests. I'm considering offering this as part of my services on a permanent basis. I also hope that the year brings on collaborations with other printmaking artists. There are so many talented people here in Toronto and it'd be a great experience to continue to join forces with local fellow artists.

For more Snap & Tumble letterpress visit Tanya's Etsy shop Snap & Tumble
the website or the Snap & Tumble blog

No comments:

Post a Comment